Based in Italy
Press / Business Contact:
DescriptionA Riot simulator for PC, Mac, iOS, Android and OUYA seeking funding on IndieGoGo.
As the economical crisis advances, the discontent of an entire population cannot help but outburst in Riots, where the sounds of many voices get heard at once. The Director Leonard Menchiari has been experiencing this form of protest in person, and the game "Riot" was born as a way to express it and to tell the stories of these fights. What is that triggers such a strife? What does a cop feel during the conflict? In "Riot", the player will experience both sides of a fight in which there is no such thing as "victory" or "defeat".About the team
The funding for the game will enable the developers to travel, document and experience live riots going on in Italy, Greece, Egypt and possibly many other places around the world. Only comments and reports from the people joining the conflicts will be taken into consideration, attempting to depict both sides of the fight without bias, only objectivity and facts. Leonard Mechiari, previously an Editor/Cinematographer at Valve, is joined by game designer Mattia Traverso, programmer Ugur Ister, composer Simon Michel, sound designer Eric Wegener, and sound designer Rolando Nadal on his team.On the funding
In addition to the rent and living expenses of the people involved, the costs for the research phase and the eventual contribution of other composers, software licenses are required to release the game on PC, Mac, iOS, Android and OUYA. Living in a country drowning in debt and corruption, it is practically impossible for Team “Riot” to find way to fund the project in Italy and we are therefore asking for your help. We need you to spread the voice on an important issue through the medium of videogames. Stop listening to the lies of the media, shut down the television and get yourself in the line, to fight for your freedom of speech.
Official Trailer  YouTube
There are far more images available for RIOT, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
- "Video Game Inspired by Clashes in Egypt and Italy Allows Gamers to Fight the Police"
- Colin Moynihan, The New York Times
- "What makes this game really intrigue is that it's supposedly based on real events."
- Ben Reeves, Game Informer
- "[...] the strikingly beautiful pixel art lends some serious weight to the game's portrayal of chaos in the streets."
- Vito Gesualdi, Destructoid
- "Riot is an upcoming game about social upheaval"
- Jeffrey Matulef, Eurogamer
- "Riot, the 8bit riot simulator based on real life events"
- Jenna Pitcher, Polygon
- "In A Game About Riots, Which Side Do You Pick—Cop Or Rioter?"
- Patricia Hernandez, Kotaku
- "Italian team hopes to find digital meaning in videogame riot simulator."
- Alex Martin, Kill Screen
- "In ‘Riot,' anarchy is a game"
- Andrew Webster, The Verge
- "RIOT: The anarchy simulator from an ex-Valve cinematographer"
- John Polson, Gamasutra
- "How the World's Riots Inspired a Video Game"
- Paul Walker, Gamespot
- "Riot simulator hopes to engage and educate, its pixels already stun"
- John Polson, Indiegames.com
- "The team behind Riot is encouraging you to explore the viewpoint of the rioter and the police, and draw your own conclusions about the value of these forms of mass demonstrations."
- James Gilmour, Pocket Gamer
- "Riot – spread anarchy or enforce peace in this “playable documentary”"
- Phil Savage, PC Gamer
- "RIOT, le jeu vidéo révolutionnaire"
- Thomas Halter, Feever (French)
Team & Repeating
Director, Writer, Artist
Designer, PR, Additional Programmer